23 July 2009
21 July 2009
Have you heard the one about the government health care plan that's going to create surplus revenue?
Here is a beautiful clip where the audience doesn't even try to contain it's laughter as Russ Carnahan proudly peddles Obama's Health care plan that will take America down the Euro-highway of marginal medical advances and eternal debt.
H/T: The amazing Michelle Malkin
15 July 2009
05 July 2009
- 1990: While Mayor of Washington D.C., Marion Barry is arrested after being caught on camera smoking crack during an FBI sting operation.
- 1994: Barry wins mayoral re-election, reinforcing the Constitutional wisdom of not giving Washington D.C. an actual vote in congress.
- 2002: Barry arrested after traces of cocaine and marijuana are found in his car. Barry claims the drugs were planted, probably by the same person who planted those rocks in his crack pipe back in 1990.
- 2004: Barry elected to a seat on the D.C. Council (which he still holds), reinforcing the intuitive wisdom of every American who decided not to live in Washington D.C. among the brain-dead voters.
- 2005: Barry placed on probation for not filing or paying income taxes for several years. .
- 2006: Barry stopped by the police for driving too slowly, prompting him to accuse authorities of targeting him . . . and prompting America to wonder why they don't target him more often.
- 2009: And just yesterday, Barry is arrested again after a woman flagged down police to complain that he was stalking her.
With this resume how has this guy avoided a position in the Obama administration?
04 July 2009
Labels: Sarah Palin
01 July 2009
It seems liberal activist/journalist Helen Thomas may actually have some fire left in her Metamucil-laced belly. In a rare press conference moment these days, two journalists actually questioned the tommyrot of the Chosen One.
Chip Reid and Helen Thomas called out the White House press secretary over the hypocrisy of Obama's claim of transparency. Helen Thomas expressed "shock" (and given her years in the White House press corps, I'm guessing shock is as common for her as late night tumbles on the soccer pitch) shock over how the administration is screening and controlling town hall questions and dialogue. It's something that's never been done before . . . but that in itself is not shocking. No previous administration had ever spent 25% of our GNP in its first 60 days, seized control of two of the three largest public sector corporations in a single American industry or pushed a cap and trade bill that would amount to the largest single tax hike ever dropped on America. President Obama is all about "firsts."
So check out this is a troubling clip.
Oh, and while you're watching it take a minute to help me out. Now that we've seen Robert Gibbs perform countless times. Is he:
C) A tool
Labels: Barack Obama
Sure, Al Franken was always quick to drop a rape joke, but who knew he (or his handlers) would be so adept at despoiling the electoral system and reducing it's legitimacy to laughable proportions. A recent Wall Street Journal article succinctly described the former SNL wank's road to the senate:
Mr. Franken now goes to the Senate having effectively stolen an election. If the GOP hopes to avoid repeats, it should learn from Minnesota that modern elections don't end when voters cast their ballots. They only end after the lawyers count them.
The strategy employed by the Democrats:
The Democrat's strategy from the start was to manipulate the recount in a way that would discover votes that could add to his total. The Franken legal team swarmed the recount, aggressively demanding that votes that had been disqualified be added to his count, while others be denied for Mr. Coleman . . . While Mr. Coleman's lawyers demanded a uniform standard for how counties should re-evaluate these rejected ballots, the Franken team ginned up an additional 1,350 absentees from Franken-leaning counties. By the time this treasure hunt ended, Mr. Franken was 312 votes up, and Mr. Coleman was left to file legal briefs.
What Mr. Franken understood was that courts would later be loathe to overrule decisions made by the canvassing board, however arbitrary those decisions were. He was right.
So as we saw with ACORN's involvement in the presidential election, once again the Democrats have thwarted Democracy in their quest for power and America is left with a leftest congress that is lefter than we left it yesterday. And in Franken's case, added a left-wing nut job who's radio show demonstrated that his intellectual capacity is roughly equivalent to what's left behind by a loose boweled chimpanzee.
And you thought it couldn't get worse.