20 January 2009

Remaking America

Debbie over at Right Truth hit on the concerning crux of the message Obama sent us today:

Obama said in his first speech as president. “Starting today, we must pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and begin again the work of remaking America.”
It reminds me of another Obamism:
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it."

Now, I'm all for refreshing America. I'm down with reinvigorating America. I'd even sign up for renewing America. But "remaking" it? Why does America need to be remade? It's as if Obama believes that America is not that "shining city on a hill" but instead is a dark cloud casting its ominous shadow over the rest of the globe . . . oh, wait, that is how he sees us.

Congratulations, President Barack Hussein Obama (and we can use the H-word now since that is how he was inaugurated). I think we're in for an interesting four years on this questionable quest to "remake" the most caring and benevolent country the world has ever known.

Side Note: And I really did appreciate the hush-hush fact that the two extraordinary figures framing this historic inauguration were both Republicans: Abraham Lincoln and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.



3 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    Great post.

    Christopher Hamilton
    The Right Opinion, for the Right Wing

  2. WomanHonorThyself said...

    I'm stayin a hole till the 4 yrs are up!..arggggggggg!..is it 2013 yet? :)

  3. Khaki Elephant said...

    Thanks, Christopher

    WHT, got room for the rest of us?